Shah Rukh Khan’t come to receive Datukship
MALACCA: Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan will not be able to receive his Datukship on Nov 29 due to his busy schedule.
It is learnt that state officials here are now trying to arrange for an alternative date.
Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam said he had got wind of it but refused to comment further on the matter.
“I understand it has been postponed. For any details, you will have to ask the State Secretary,” he told reporters after chairing the state executive council meeting yesterday.
Shah Rukh Khan was among 77 people conferred the Darjah Mulia Seri Melaka (DMSM) which carries the title Datuk in conjunction with the 70th birthday of Yang di-Pertua Negri Tun Mohd Khalil Yaakob last month.
The award drew mixed reaction from the public, including several NGOs.
The idea to confer the award on the actor was mooted by former Finance Minister Tun Daim Zainuddin with the Chief Minister defending the move.
State Secretary Datuk Wira Omar Kaseh, who was appointed to make arrangements for the actor’s visit here, could not be reached for comment.
Kita semua jadi muka tak malu. Orang tak mau kita nak kasi. Tak faham macam mana Daim punya cadangan. Buat semua orang jadi bodoh. Gavenor dan Ketua Menteri pun boleh diperbodohkan oleh Daim.
Datuk Ali jangan main-main isu ini. Dengan isu ini Datuk Ali boleh kalah dalam pertandingan Timbalan Presiden. Milage akan pergi kepada Mat Taib dan Mahyuddin. Kalau Mahyuddin bagus laaa. Kalau Mat Taib? Hampehhhhh....